Date/Time: Nov 15, 2014 - Nov 19, 2014, all day
Location: Dharmalaya Institute (Bir, HP, India)
What: Integrated Yoga Retreat with Hatha Yoga instruction and practice, plus Karma Yoga practice doing green building, organic gardening, and more.
Where: Dharmalaya Institute in Bir, HP, India
When: November 15-19 2014 (It is suggested to attend the whole course, but it is also possible to attend only part if your time is limited.)
Language: English & Sanskrit
Facilitators: Roshan Palat (yoga instructor who has trained in multiple traditions)
Description: A unique residential training retreat combining an introductory hatha yoga and jnana yoga course with karma yoga in the form of hands-on training in various aspects of sustainable living, including green building, organic farming, and more.
The hatha yoga aspect of the retreat-course will include:
- An overview of the paths of yoga
- In-depth exploration of hatha yoga
- Training and practice in pranayama, asanas, meditation, and more
(See below for additional details.)
The karma yoga aspect of the retreat-course will include various activities related to sustainable living, such as:
- Traditional green building methods of the Himalayas, such as adobe, bamboo, etc.
- Opportunities for organic gardening and natural landscaping
- Explorations of the relationship between outer and inner sustainability
Accommodation options: Simple, comfortable accommodation in tents/dormitory in a beautiful Himalayan setting.
For details on the retreat, see this page on the Dharmalaya Institute’s website.