The Mightier Pen
Earthville Press is a nonprofit imprint publishing works on topics related to Earthville’s mission to promote compassionate living and empower caring change-makers. It is a project of the Earthville Network, and all proceeds from sales (other than those that go to the authors) are channeled directly into the Earthville Network’s educational and charitable programs in the US and around the world, so your purchases of our publications directly support these transformative programs.
To Create the World That Ought to Be: Memoirs of a Radical Educator
By Arnie Langberg with Mark S. Moore (2023)
To Create the World That Ought to Be is the memoir of trailblazing educator Arnie Langberg.
The book follows Arnie through his epic, five-decade career as a heroic reformer of public education, gathering insights into humanity and highlighting innovative, road-tested solutions to pressing problems, while raising potent questions for our collective future along the way.
Arnie’s story will be of interest not only to anyone interested in learning, teaching, or education reform, but also to anyone keen to explore the dynamics of change — both in individuals and in society. In fact, this memoir reads more like an inspired manifesto for change-making than a conventional autobiography.
The book and its accompanying website welcome readers to engage in conversation about how the educational experience can be used to help bring out the greatness that exists within all learners, inspiring and empowering them to be a part of creating a better world.
The Earthville Education Blog
The Earthville Education Blog is a venue for ongoing explorations of education as a catalyst for the development of conscientious global citizens, healthy communities, and a more harmonious and sustainable world.
Got ideas or inspirations? We’re listening. Feel free to post comments or questions relevant to the book and the project in the comments section below.
We would love to have you as a part of the conversation. If you would like us to update you about new publications and book-related events, please subscribe to our notification list here (we respect your privacy and won’t use your email address for any other purpose).
There are several ways you can participate in the Earthville Education initiative and make your unique contributions to this exciting project:
- Join the Earthville Network to become an active member of the community → sign up
- Subscribe to the Earthville Education Blog and join the conversation by posting comments in the articles that interest you or submitting articles of your own → go
- Participate in Earthville’s educational programs and events → see event calendar
- Apply to volunteer for the Earthville Education initiative, and we’ll let you know when we’re ready to call you into action. → apply now
- Visit the Dharmalaya Institute in the Indian Himalayas to volunteer or participate in service-learning programs or retreats → jump to the Dharmalaya website
- Help us establish the Earthville Institute in the US by making a tax-deductible gift or bequest → more info