Gain Experience in the New Music Industry with an Artist-Driven Nonprofit Record Label
ARE YOU AN INDIE MUSIC LOVER LOOKING FOR WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?
The Earthville Network is accepting internship applications from passionate music lovers interested in gaining experience in the rapidly-evolving 21st-century music industry by interning with Earthville Music, a new artist-run, nonprofit indie record label working to change the way the music business is done while changing our world for the better.
Earthville Music Internship
The focus of the internship will be to help us build a strong, coordinated web presence across a multitude of music-related websites and social networks for a small catalog of recording artists. You will collaborate with us to develop and implement strategies to promote the artists through community-driven playlist-sharing services such as Spotify, Soundcloud, Rdio, etc.
The job will entail jumping into the action with the nuts and bolts of online artist promotion: from developing a strong, coordinated web presence across a multitude of websites to researching important DJs, music reviewers, bloggers, and playlist makers; and getting artist promo material into their hands and inboxes. You’ll be involved in the effort of grassroots artist promotion from the ground up.
This internship requires a minimum time commitment of one month, and we will give preference to applicants who can commit to six months or longer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Good attention to detail
- Good English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Genuine enthusiasm for indie music
- Team play, collaboration, problem-solving, creativity, can-do attitude
- Outgoing, willing to reach out to make new friendships and connections
- Familiarity with Spotify, Soundcloud, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
If you’re interested in being a part of our team, contact us here.
We look forward to hearing from you. Or, if you know good people who might be a match, please forward this notice to them.
We welcome you to explore Earthville, find your place within it , and add what only you can bring.
- Sign up: Drop by the “Earthville Embassy” page to become a “Citizen of Earthville.”
- Explore: Make your way around the Earthville website to discover what inspires you.
→ Quick Tour • Stories • Resources for Global Citizens
- Participate: Connect with the Earthville community, online and on the ground.
→ Social • Events • Volunteer • Participate
- Chip in: Give whatever you can to support our charitable work. Any amount helps.